Today I came across a great blog post courtesy of Julie Fischer MUA, on hiring a MUA for your wedding day. This may help any of those who aren't really sure of what a MUA should be doing for you on your wedding day.
This article was not written by me be, all website information of author listed below
Simple… Your Wedding Day is THE most photographed day of your Life & you don’t want to chance looking Shiny or Blotchy!
Here are Some Reasons to Consider Hiring a Pro for Your Big Day!
- A Professional Makeup Artist (MUA) knows all to well that applying makeup that will be photographed is MUCH different than applying makeup for day-today wear, you don’t want to look washed out. A professional not only takes into consideration your skin tone, hair & eye color, but also your dress, bridesmaids dresses and lighting.
- Artists use professional products that are designed to last for hours under hot lights and in all weather conditions. All Professional Makeup Artists should have brands like MAC and Smashbox & Chanel and use them on their clients.
- Professionals know you need everyone in the bridal party to stay with your color schemes, so your photos come out stunning! Mixed & matched makeup looks strange together in photos, so it is important to have all the bridal party in the same or similar color schemes.
- A Makeup Artist makes a bride feel pampered on their special day with someone who’s attention is squarely on them & their needs.
- Most importantly you should look like you, but more enhanced. That means you need more makeup than you normally wear so it will show up on camera.
- Many Makeup Artists typically offer a discount with a large wedding party or offer a special discount for the bride when she has a group of people who need services that day.
- Freelance Makeup Artists have the ability to travel to your location. This saves you the time, trouble & stress of getting to a salon. A professional makeup artist can also stay with you throughout your wedding day to be available for any touch ups for an additional fee.
So Brides-to-be, hire a pro Makeup Artist. Remember to look at their portfolio and most importantly, do a trial run. You want to look amazing in person AND on camera. Some artists will even take pics at the trial & email them to you in Color and Black & White!
So hiring a Professional Makeup Artist will be a true asset. Your photographs and video will be a constant reminder of money well spent!
- See more at: http://www.madeyablush.com/2011/08/why-hire-a-pro-for-your-big-day/#sthash.3mswIwFD.O7u6vYPT.dpuf